DECEPTIVE: Poll Shows Americans Oppose Reopening Gun Stores Despite Surge In Firearm Checks
This is the country we live in right now. A major media outlet can say that Americans oppose reopening gun stores while other data shows otherwise.
Clearly, this is a post fact America.
THE POLL: The Washington Post and the University of Maryland conducted a telephone poll between April 28 and May 3. Asking 1,005 adults a variety of questions, and they voted as follows:
- 70-percent of Americans oppose reopening gun stores
- 69-percent oppose reopening clothing and other retail stores
- 78-percent would be uncomfortable eating at a sit-down restaurant
The poll also found that Americans gave the President negative marks for his response to the COVID-19 pandemic, while overwhelmingly approving Dr. Anthony Fauci, the medical advisor to the President.
Considering the President followed the medical advise of Dr. Fauci for several weeks, surely their evaluation should be mutual?
Digging Deeper Into The Poll
When looking at the poll numbers you can see that:
- 53-percent of Republicans wanted to reopen clothing and other retail stores.
- Only 21-percent of Democrats wanted to reopen clothing and other retail stores.
- 61-percent of Republican’s wanted to reopen golf courses
- Only 30-percent of Democrats wanted to reopen golf courses.
- 49-percent of Republicans wanted to reopen gun stores
- Only 14-percent of Democrats wanted to reopen gun stores
In comparison to what The Washington Post and the University of Maryland have concluded in their poll, the FBI reported that there was a record number of firearm background checks made in March and April.
CHECK OUT: Watch President Trump’s epic campaign ad.
The Steve Sanchez Daily Rant: Listen Now
Reopening Gun Stores
People understandably remain fearful of COVID-19 but some are equally scared of the lockdown. Americans want to get back to work because they cannot wait for a vaccine or accurate testing. Waiting in lockdown is simply not economically possible for most people.
One fact that shows people are looking to return to the outside world is the FBI’s firearm background check numbers.
In March 2020, it was reported that 3,740,688 firearm background checks were made. This broke the previous record of 3,314,594, set in December 2015.
April 2020, the FBI stated that 2,911,128 background checks were conducted. This is the highest number of checks of any April since the beginning of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) in 1998.
With this unprecedented surge for firearms, it’s clear some people are ready for gun stores to reopen. Surprisingly, California is one of the states who has seen this surge, so perhaps some Democrats are looking at taking up their Second Amendment rights after all.